Becoming an ASTRO member can be done by following the below steps. ASTRO membership benefits vary based on your membership type. To see what benefits you will receive and the cost of your membership, visit the Member Benefits and Categories page.
- Visit our website to be brought to our membership application.
- If you already have an ASTRO account, click "Log In" instead of creating a new ASTRO account. This will avoid creating a duplicate account and will also prepopulate some of the information fields in your profile section of the application.
- Fill in all of the required fields. On the Profile 1 page, you will be asked to select your Primary Occupation. Make sure you select your primary occupation. For example, if you are a student/grad student, select your primary occupation as "Student/Grad Student/PGY-1" or if you are a resident, select your primary occupation as "Resident/Fellow". This will ensure you are applying for the correct member type/category.
- Depending on the membership type/category you are applying for, you will need to provide two sponsors who are Active members of ASTRO (A physician, radiation physicist or radiation or cancer biologist who is certified in radiation oncology or therapeutic radiology by the American Board of Radiology). Your sponsors act as a reference. When you add your two sponsors to your application, an automated email with a link to accept your sponsorship will be sent to them. Note: You will not able able to finish your application until both your sponsors have accepted. Once both your sponsors have accepted, you will receive an automated email with a link to return to your application.
- If you have any questions or issues filling out the membership application, you can email the Membership Department or give us a call at 703-839-7330 or 703-839-7328.